This book explains...
- How to write Interactive Fiction (IF) games
- Creating class hierarchies
- How to create a map of linked 'rooms'
- Moving the player around the map
- Adding treasures to rooms
- How to take and drop treasures
- Putting objects into containers (sacks, treasure chests etc.)
- Using lists and dictionaries
- Overridden methods
- Overloaded methods
- How to save and load games
- Designing a game with a user interface
- Designing a command-line game to run at the system prompt
- ...and much more
Available in paperback or for Kindle from Amazon (US): https://www.amazon.com/dp/1913132080 and (UK): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1913132080